The McFaddin-Ward House (MWH) offers free docent-led and self-guided audio tours. Audio tours are available for the 1st floor of the MWH, Carriage House, and Gardens. Museum hours are Wednesday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and 12:30-2:30 p.m. on Sunday. Docent-led tours are available Wednesday-Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
All tours begin at the Visitor Center at 1906 Calder Avenue in Beaumont. Guests can watch an (optional) orientation video before the tour.
The MWH encourage reservations, but walk-ins are always welcome. To make your reservation, call (409) 832-2134.
Whether it’s a party of six or 40, we welcome group tours. Held on Tuesdays, group tours provide a personalized, private visit to the museum house, gardens, and Carriage House.
- Reservations are required in advance. For more information or to make a reservation, call (409) 832-2134 or email email@example.com to make a reservation.
- Cost: Free
Please review the following guidelines before entering the museum:
- Face masks are not required of visitors who have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All others should continue to wear masks while on campus.
- Guests and staff must use provided hand sanitizer upon entering the Visitor Center.
- Any guest or staff member showing signs of illness at any time are asked to return at a later date.
- Social distancing is required. Parties must remain together and children must stay with adults at all times.
- High-touch points are regularly cleaned.
We are committed to ensuring a safe environment for visitors and staff. Although we recognize that circumstances may change at any moment, our goal is to share the history and beauty of the McFaddin-Ward House.
- No eating, drinking, cell phone use, or smoking on campus.
- Personal photography is allowed indoors & outdoors. However, we ask that you do not bring tripods. Professional and group photography must obtain special permission.
- Low, broad-heeled shoes are recommended to negotiate stairs. Spiked heels are not permitted in the museum as they damage the original flooring and rugs.
- Walk-ins are welcome; however, the museum cannot guarantee entry to guests without a reservation.
- Purses, bags, and other items may not be carried into the museum. However, the Visitor Center offers complementary lockers for visitors to store their belongings.