The McFaddin-Ward House (MWH) offers free docent-led and self-guided audio tours. Audio tours are available for the 1st floor of the MWH, Carriage House, and Gardens. Museum hours are Wednesday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and 12:30-2:30 p.m. on Sunday. Docent-led visits are available Wednesday-Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
All tours begin at the Visitor Center at 1906 Calder Avenue in Beaumont. Guests may watch an (optional) orientation video before the tour.
The museum encourages reservations, but walk-ins are always welcome. To make your reservation, call (409) 832-2134.
Whether it’s a party of six or 40, we welcome group tours. Held on Tuesdays, group tours provide a personalized, private visit to the museum house, gardens, and Carriage House.
- Reservations are required in advance. For more information or to make a reservation, call (409) 832-2134.
- Cost: Free
The McFaddin-Ward House’s new Virtual Tour tells the story of the McFaddin and Ward families through the lens of their beloved home. The tour features up-close object details, oral histories from the museum archives, and videos detailing the lived experiences of the people who called 1906 McFaddin Avenue home.
- Tours are available for ages eight and up.
- No eating, drinking, cell phone use, or smoking on campus.
- Personal photography is allowed indoors & outdoors. However, we ask that you do not bring tripods. Professional and group photography must obtain special permission.
- Low, broad-heeled shoes are recommended to negotiate stairs. Spiked heels are not permitted in the museum as they damage the original flooring and rugs.
- Walk-ins are welcome; however, the museum cannot guarantee entry to guests without a reservation.
- Purses, bags, and other items may not be carried into the museum. However, the Visitor Center offers complementary lockers for visitors to store their belongings.