The McFaddin-Ward House (MWH) offers free self-guided audio tours. Tours are available for the 1st floor of the MWH, Carriage House, and Gardens. Museum hours are Wednesdays – Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
All tours begin at the Visitor Center at 1906 Calder Avenue in Beaumont. Guests can watch an (optional) orientation video before the tour.
The MWH encourage reservations, but walk-ins are always welcome. To make your reservation, call (409) 832-2134.
Please review the following guidelines before entering the museum:
- Face masks are not required of visitors who have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All others should continue to wear masks while on campus.
- Guests and staff must use provided hand sanitizer upon entering the Visitor Center.
- Any guest or staff member showing signs of illness at any time are asked to return at a later date.
- Social distancing is required. Parties must remain together and children must stay with adults at all times.
- Visitor capacity is reduced and controlled. Touring groups are limited to six people per group/family with no more than two groups in the McFaddin-Ward House at once.
- High-touch points are regularly cleaned.
We are committed to ensuring a safe environment for visitors and staff. Although we recognize that circumstances may change at any moment, our goal is to share the history and beauty of the McFaddin-Ward House.
- No eating, drinking, cell phone use, or smoking on campus.
- No photography or video/audio recording in the museum.
- Low, broad-heeled shoes are recommended to negotiate stairs. Spiked heels are not permitted in the museum as they damage the original flooring and rugs.
- Walk-ins are welcome; however, the museum cannot guarantee entry to guests without a reservation.
- Purses, bags, and other items may not be carried into the museum. However, the Visitor Center offers complimentary lockers for visitors to store their belongings.