Visiting The McFaddin-Ward House Museum
The museum features volunteer docent-led tours of the home, year-round events, a carriage house, and gardens.
- Historic home built in 1906
- Original furnishings
- Carriage House and Gardens
- A true Texas oil boom home
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: The McFaddin-Ward House is currently undergoing an extensive electrical project to rewire the 118-year-old home as part of its ongoing restoration and preservation efforts. Tours of the historic McFaddin-Ward House are temporarily suspended during the electrical upgrade, but guests are welcome to enjoy the Visitor Center exhibit and tour the Carriage House. The museum will also continue to offer a full array of programming, including the museum’s Lecture Series, the popular Movies at the McFaddin’s and Music at the McFaddin’s events, the premiere of the museum’s new month-long community outreach program titled SOAR throughout March, summer camp, and a brand-new Virtual Tour on our website.
- Reservations recommended
- Self-guided audio & docent-led tours
- Several tour times each day
- Age restriction: 8 years +
Schedule a Tour
- Call ahead (409) 832-2134
- Tours start at 1906 Calder Beaumont, TX
- Open Wed-Sat: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. | Sun: 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- The McFaddin-Ward House’s new Virtual Tour tells the story of the McFaddin and Ward families through the lens of their beloved home.
- The tour features up-close object details, oral histories from the museum archives, and videos detailing the lived experiences of the people who called 1906 McFaddin Avenue home.
- EXPLORE VIRTUAL TOUR
There are many ways to get involved with the activities and daily operations of the McFaddin-Ward House Museum. In addition to joining our team of volunteer docents, you can apply to become one of our curatorial volunteers or work this summer as a paid intern.
Stay up to date on the latest museum happenings.
Lecture – Monuments and Symbols in American History
Ivan Schwartz is the founder and director of StudioEIS, a sculpture and design studio based in …
Lecture – Jewelry for America: History and Evolution of Jewelry in America from the 19th Century
The earliest jewelry worn in America was of a sentimental nature, related to love and marriage or to …
“Music at the McFaddin’s” featuring “Night & Day Orchestra”
The McFaddin-Ward House invites the community to enjoy its beautiful grounds while enjoying live …