The McFaddin-Ward House was built in 1905-1906 in the distinctive Beaux-Arts Colonial style. The building and its furnishings reflect the lifestyle of the prominent family which lived in the house for seventy-five years.
The museum features volunteer docent-led tours of the home, year-round events, a carriage house, and gardens.
In the spirit of fostering community responsibility and life-long learning, the mission of the McFaddin-Ward House is to engage its resources and exceptional collection for preservation and education, specifically:
- To maintain, protect, and conserve the McFaddin-Ward House so that it is enhanced and unimpaired for future generations; and
- To preserve, interpret and share the legacy of the McFaddin family, and their contributions to the economic, social, and cultural history of Beaumont and the Texas Gulf Coast.
The McFaddin-Ward House will be a continuing source of inspiration and education, known and sustained for its exhibitions, programs, and partnerships that encourage life-long learning, inspire an appreciation for the past, and encourage commitment for future civic engagement.
Meet The Staff
Leslie Wilson, President
Ida McFaddin Pyle, Vice President
James Potter, Second Vice President
Martha Hicks, Secretary
Roy Steinhagen, Treasurer
There are currently no listings available.