The McFaddin-Ward House is currently offering free self-guided audio tours. These tours are available for the 1st floor of the McFaddin-Ward House, Carriage House, and Gardens from Wednesdays – Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
All tours begin at the visitor center at 1906 Calder Avenue in Beaumont where you will be treated to an (optional) orientation video before you begin.
Reservations are recommended, but walk-ins are always welcome. To make your reservation, call (409) 832-2134.
Please review the following guidelines before entering the museum:
- Face masks are required in all campus buildings.
- Guests and staff must use provided hand sanitizer upon entering the Visitors Center.
- Any guest or staff member showing signs of illness at any time will be asked to return at a later date.
- Social distancing is required. Parties must remain together and children must stay with adults at all times.
- Visitor capacity will be reduced and controlled. Touring groups are limited to six people per group/family with no more than two groups in the McFaddin-Ward House at once.
- Enhanced cleaning of high-touch points will be implemented.
The above precautions have been put in place to ensure a safe environment for visitors and staff. We recognize that circumstances may change at any moment, but remain hopeful that we will be able to serve the public under the safest possible conditions in sharing the history and beauty of the McFaddin-Ward House.
- Eating, drinking, cell phone use, and smoking are not permitted.
- Video/audio recording is not permitted.
- Low, broad-heeled shoes are recommended to negotiate stairs. Spiked heels are not permitted in the museum as they damage the original flooring and rugs.
- Photography is not permitted in the museum.
- Though walk-ins are welcome, the museum cannot guarantee entry to guests without a reservation.
- Purses, bags, and other items may not be carried into the museum. The museum offers complimentary lockers in the visitor center for belongings.